Friday, July 30, 2004

Lee Thomas, The Undeniable Genius

So, I logged onto ESPN.com this afternoon and saw that Baseball Tonight commentator John Kruk had posted a column today about the impending trade deadline. Being a fan of Kruk, I decided to take a quick look. About a third of the way through the article I came to a paragraph that made my jaw drop.

I remember back in '93, when we had a chance to get Randy Johnson in Philadelphia. When the deadline passed, our GM walked out of his office and said, "We're not getting him. We're not going to mortgage our future."

I'm still in shock. I have nothing to say.


Comments on "Lee Thomas, The Undeniable Genius"

 

Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said ... (6:02 AM) : 

Unbelievable. Randy Johnson versus a miseable "future." To think, if we got the Big Unit, we wouldn't have Jimmy Rollins. To quote Marissa Tomei in "My Cousin Vinny": "What a fuckin' nightmare!"

 

post a comment