Friday, July 30, 2004

Promises, promises

I watched most of Senator Kerry's speech last night accepting the Democratic Party's nomination for president.  Of what I saw, I neither liked nor disliked him.  He seems to still be trying to find his way as a speaker, which is surprising considering he's been a publicly elected official for better than 20 years.  I would say he falls in the middle, somewhere between the former president Bush and former president Clinton.

This being said, I liked a lot of what he had to say.  Most of this, though, was about the economy.


I will cut middle-class taxes. I will reduce the tax burden on small business. And I will roll back the tax cuts for the wealthiest individuals who make over $200,000 a year, so we can invest in job creation, health care and education.


If, if, if . . . if he can do what he is promising.  It sounds great, but I wonder how he will be able to do this with a Republican Congress.

Comments on "Promises, promises"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:20 PM) : 

Matt,
As you said promises, promises. I don't keep up on politics as much as I should but I truly believe politicians (republican or democrat)will say anything and everything to be elected. They regurgitate the same crap every four years while they play with themself. One other thing, if Edwards is described as such a good looking man whats he doing with
"Biggens McMurphy".

 

Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said ... (6:00 AM) : 

I concur. Most rich wives are rich enough to stay attractive. Of course, Teresa Heinz Kerry is another exception. Ugh!

Politicians WILL say anything to get elected, so the conventions (both Dem and Repub) are a waste of time. I was more concerned with what he DIDN'T say; namely, specifics on his foreign policy. If we could combine G.W. and Kerry, we would have a decent Prez: good on foreign policy, and good on domestic. The Edwards beauty pagent scares me, though. Some voters will actually gravitate to him because he's "hot." Scary.

 

post a comment