Sunday, July 25, 2004

Can we get a designated president?

Here’s a subject I can guarantee a comment from Middie Back on:  in an interview during ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball game featuring the Yankees at Boston, Democratic presidential nominee John Kerry admitted he “never liked” the designated hitter.  Even my parent’s have now found something to agree with Kerry on!

Comments on "Can we get a designated president?"

 

Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said ... (11:49 AM) : 

Wish granted. I also agree with Kerry here. The DH is one of many things wrong with baseball (artificial turf is right up there, too), but since Kerry probably knows what we all know - that everyone in the country would agree with him here - I think it was a cheap political ploy to get "the baseball vote" (aka Shallow Center).

 

Blogger The Art of Rory said ... (9:51 PM) : 

If baseball were my primary criterion, I'd write in "Dave," the president who looked most like a ballplayer when delivering a first pitch. Remember the strike he threw in Camden Yards in the early '90s? Too bad he wasn't, like, real and stuff.

 

Blogger Matt said ... (12:33 PM) : 

Kevin Kline and Sigourney Weaver. Hmm, I wonder why I never saw this movie? Is it worth it to watch early Ving Rhames?

 

post a comment