Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Random Thoughts

Many apologies for taking Memorial Day week off; I think had I blogged I would've been ripping on all the Smarty Jones coverage everyday. So I left that to the experts -- here and here. Now -- back to the countdown:

1. How long until Ronald Reagan is deified? I mean he's already being talked about as if he's a saint, so why not go the next step? Can we please get over calling him the man who defeated communism? All he did was spend money like a kid with his parents' credit card and rack up a deficit that has only been topped by our current moron-in-chief, not to mention that it was on his watch that the CIA decided to sell crack cocaine to American citizens to finance another country's war. Also, how can we really now when his Alzheimer's started affecting him?
2. What's the over/under on when the "Bo Must Go" chants start at Citizen's Bank Park? July 1? August 1? Do I get bonus points for actually starting one?
3. I understand the need for safety belts and thoroughly believe in their use, but isn't it going way too far by having seat belt laws? Our government right now is saying that a woman can legally kill her child, but when I'm driving I have to wear a seat belt. Eh, what??
4. How awful is it that the last image hockey fans will have for the next two years is that of octogenarian Dave Andreychuk hoisting the Cup?
5. At the end of the day, is there anything more beautiful than a newborn baby?

Comments on "Random Thoughts"

 

post a comment