Thursday, March 30, 2006

Quick hits

I'm just going to touch on a couple of things quickly today:

  1. Today's tap of the stick goes to (ick!) Rangers forward Jaromir Jagr who last night broke the Rangers' all-time record for most points in a season, passing Hall of Famer Jean Ratelle. Congrats Jaromir, but here's hoping you fall flat on your face in the playoffs.


  2. Kudos to the Phillies for -- dare I say finally -- moving forward by naming Ryan Madson and Gavin Floyd to their starting rotation, while relegating free agent Ryan Franklin to the bullpen. Any other year with this team would have seen them try to put the sqaure peg in a round hole by keeping Franklin in the rotation and putting Madson back in the bullpen, while sending Floyd back down to the minors. It's nice to see that a good spring training does mean something after all.


  3. This will be my last post for a while. I'm in the midst of a major overhaul of the site -- template, links, everything -- and with the schedule I keep it'll take a little while to get done. Please check Phloggers Pheeds for updates on some of the best blogs around.

Comments on "Quick hits"

 

Blogger meredith said ... (12:23 PM) : 

I can't believe there's another Flyers blogger and I didn't know it until now.

Shame on Enrico for not telling me about you.

 

Blogger Matt said ... (1:11 PM) : 

Meredith--

Thanks for stopping by. Please keep coming back!! (Says the blogger half-sarcastically.) And feel free to let friends and family know.

I'll try to keep up with the end of the season. I'm hoping to do a playoff preview, but with the standings the way they are right now I think I'll have to wait until the last day of the season to type it up.

 

post a comment