Thursday, November 02, 2006

Should I Stay Or Should I Go?

Ken Hitchcock has to feel like a ping pong ball at this point, bouncing back and forth within the Flyers organization. First, he signed a contract extension over the summer to remain as the Flyers head coach. Then, just eight games into the season, he was fired from the position. Now, finally, he was re-hired by interim GM Paul Holmgren to be a pro scout for the team.

There It Is take: What a strange, strange tale. This appears to be a nothing move to me. Hitchcock certainly has a solid hockey mind and I'm glad that he'll be working for us and instead of someone else. However, Hitchcock himself acknowledged that the move is merely a placeholder for him until he finds a head coaching gig somewhere else. It makes me wonder how much scouting he'll be doing around the road or if he'll spend the time networking with the other teams.

Comments on "Should I Stay Or Should I Go?"

 

post a comment