Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Hatcher Putting Up Big Numbers

They're just not the kind you want to see.
It seems that the Courier-Post's Chuck Gormley and I are on the same wavelength. We both posted pieces on Tuesday about Derian Hatcher (separate links). Gormley makes no argument about whether or not Hatcher should be playing, while I see no positive in putting Hatcher within spitting distance of an ice rink. The thing I find most interesting is interim GM Paul Holmgren's take on Hatcher:
"There's too much focus on Derian, in my opinion," Holmgren said. "Does he stand out at times on the negative side? Yeah, but not because of lack of effort."
"Not because of lack of effort?" Well, congratulations, Derian -- here's a cookie for standing around like a pylon while players skate right by you. I'm sure you work very hard to not move at all. Great job!!

Comments on "Hatcher Putting Up Big Numbers"

 

post a comment