Thursday, March 02, 2006

On the wagon

Okay, I'm going to do my best to get back on the horse here. Spring is coming -- the promise of better weather, hope abounding, and all that crap. I'm not going to make any promises about the frequency of posting -- as I've unsuccessfully done before -- so that I have nothing to hold myself to. Working 60-70 hours a week, going to school, and trying -- desperately -- to maintain a social life all conspire to keep a brother down. I'll post when I can, but more often than not I'll probably throw out quick links to other blogs that I feel are worth the read.

Oh, I almost forgot -- now that the Olympics are done, it's down and dirty time in the NHL. With about a quarter of the season left and a whole rash of teams in the playoff hunt, it should be a fun stretch drive. The trade deadline is one week from today, but don't look for a whole lot of action. There aren't a whole lot of teams with a ton of cap room to play with; plus, the cap is still new so I'm guessing that the dinosaurs, I mean GMs, will have trouble wrapping their abacuses -- what's the correct plural here, abaci? -- around bonus money, pro-rated contracts, etc. The Flyers play the Rangers, whom they trail in the standings by just two points, tonight at the Center.

Comments on "On the wagon"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:18 AM) : 

Welcome back, boyo!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:23 PM) : 

I knew you could it! Welcome Back!!

 

post a comment