Friday, September 02, 2005

Ringing bells, RFK and playoff tickets

Tom G over at Balls, Sticks, & Stuff has rung the bell -- with a little prompting -- for another series win by the Phils.

Tom at Shallow Center is giving this Phils team credit for having a spine while getting ready to head to DC for tonight's series opener against the Nationals at RFK.

Meanwhile, I'm stuck in limbo. I want to get behind this team; honest, I do. However, these past few years -- during which I've paid for playoff tickets only to have the Phils collapse -- have been enough to give even their most ardent supporters reason to be a little bit less than unflinching in their support.

Late last week I received a bill from the Phillies for my playoff ticket order. Astronomical -- is it okay to use this word with Houston still in the hunt? -- prices aside, is putting my heart into this team worth the investment?

Comments on "Ringing bells, RFK and playoff tickets"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:49 AM) : 

You sound exactly like a college friend of mine, and I will tell you what I told him:

Buy them!
[and then give them to me]

 

post a comment