Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Flyers edge Devils

Big win for the Flyers last night -- 2-1 over the Devils. This puts them -- once again -- just two points behind the Rangers for the division lead and the coveted first-round home ice advantage. Coincidentally, the Flyers will be in Madison Square Garden tonight to play the Rangers.

I only got to catch bits and pieces of the third period last night, but from what I saw and what is being reported, Antero Niittymaki played what amounts to a statement game. Hopefully, Ken Hitchcock and the rest of the coaching staff were paying attention.

A tap of the stick to Flyers left winger Simon Gagne who collected his 40th goal of the season last night. His previous best in a season was 33 goals in 2001-2002.

Other news: The Los Angeles Kings have fired head coach Andy Murray and replaced him with John Torchetti on an interim basis. The Kings, once on top of the Pacific Division, have now slid all the way down to a tie with Edmonton for eighth in the western Conference standings.

Comments on "Flyers edge Devils"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:03 AM) : 

I was in the house for the big win, and will be again on Saturday. The fact that we're the healthiest we've been all season might have something to do with recent success.

Welcome back to the blogopshere, man. Good to see you up and running. Two quick orders of business: can you change the link in your sidebar for my site; and I don't know if you know how to fix it, but your Atom feed isn't working...I couldn't see in my feed reader that you had updated.

 

Blogger Matt said ... (11:12 AM) : 

Jeff --

Thanks for the kind words. I'm going to try to keep posting as much as I can, but you know how real life can get in the way.

Atom feeds I know nothing about, but when I get some time I'll look into it.

And worry not about the link. As someone once said, changes are a-comin'.

 

post a comment