Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Players not quite putting their money where their mouths are

Locked out Detroit Red Wings Derian Hatcher, Kris Draper, and There It Is Enemy #1 Chris Chelios have signed to play with the Motor City Mechanics of the United Hockey League. Kevin Kerr, the all-time minor league goal-scoring leader, sums it up best:

The hypocrisy of it is unbelievable. They don't want a salary cap, but they'll come to a league that has a salary cap and take someone else's job . . .

I make $700 a week, and I have a wife and two kids and a mortgage payment. Here I wish I could play in the NHL for a fraction of what they make, and here they're going to come play in our league for $500 a week. It's really bizarre . . .

I don't think those guys have ever wondered about working a day in their life. They probably make more in a week than I do my whole season.

Comments on "Players not quite putting their money where their mouths are"

 

post a comment