Monday, January 03, 2005

Quick hits

Team USA lost last night in the semifinals of the World Junior Championships 7-2 to Team Russia. The game was and was not as lopsided as the score sounds. Russia was up 3-2 at the end of both the first and second periods, and didn't score their fourth goal until 11:03 of the third period. The next two Russian goals were scored on an empty net and the final goal came on a power play with 41 seconds left. All this being said, the US squad appeared to be about three to four strides slower than the Russians all night. The Americans will play the Czech Republic on Tuesday for the bronze medal, while the Russians will face Canada for the gold.

2. There must be something in the water out in Anaheim. First came the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim. Now it's the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim? Who writes this stuff?

3. I want to thank all of the players on my fantasy football team for doing just enough to get me to the championship game, but not enough for me to win. I lost 89-88 yesterday, despite having finished in first place by a game and having scored more points than any other team. (The team closest to me was still behind me by 140 points.) Thanks for nuthin!!

Comments on "Quick hits"

 

post a comment