Thursday, December 07, 2006

Quotable

I received this e-mail earlier today from my friend Vin with one of the best quotes and jokes I've ever read.
I was reading about the players the Phillies took in the Rule 5 draft and I found this quote from [Phillies assistant GM] Mike Arbuckle about the one pitcher interesting:

"Command has always been his issue," Arbuckle said. "We view him as a reliever, just a power-arm guy that can come in and blow for a couple of innings."

Hasn’t that always been the story for Phillies pitching?
Christ, I'm still laughing.

See: Rule 5 Draft nets Phils three players

Labels: ,

Comments on "Quotable"

 

Blogger GM-Carson said ... (6:31 AM) : 

taking a risk on a rule 5 guy is a good risk. shane victorino, johan santana, craig wilson, jay gibbons, are some success stories that come to mind.

 

Blogger Matt said ... (12:45 PM) : 

Sorry, man, but you missed the joke entirely.

 

post a comment