Monday, October 02, 2006

Southeast Rising

Man, I sure hope they score a ton of goals in the Southeast Division this year. My fantasy league (see left sidebar for standings) held our draft yesterday and I somehow wound up with seven players from the Southeast Division on my roster. Here's how my team shapes up:
ForwardsDefensemen
Mark Bell (SJ)Jay Bouwmeester (FLA)
Todd Bertuzzi (FLA)Bryan McCabe (TOR)
Daniel Briere (BUF)Dion Phaneuf (CAL)
Kyle Calder (PHI)Mathieu Schneider (DET)
Marian Gaborik (MIN)Marek Zidlicky (NAS)
Ales Hemsky (EDM) 
Marian Hossa (ATL)Goaltenders
Jaromir Jagr (NYR)Henrik Lundqvist (NYR)
Ilya Kovalchuk (ATL)Marty Turco (DAL)
Vincent Lecavalier (TB) 
Patrick Marleau (SJ) 
Brad Richards (TB) 
Martin St. Louis (TB) 

I'm obviously hoping that 2004 was no fluke for Tampa Bay, and that Todd Bertuzzi has found some new life in Florida (along with the rest of the Panthers now that Mike Keenan has left town). My worries are that McCabe is not in a contract year and will revert to his pre-2003 form, along with a dearth of scoring in Atlanta and Tampa Bay. Only time will tell and the clock starts Wednesday.

Comments on "Southeast Rising"

 

post a comment