Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Phils On Wrong Kind Of Roll

The Phillies have lost two straight winnable games and, in the process, moved from wildcard frontrunners with seven games left to chasers with five games left. It would be almost too easy to blame the umpires for last night's loss, but I'm afraid There It Is. Replays of Chase Utley's pseudo-foul ball clearly showed the ball hit the right field foul pole which, last time I checked, still meant that the ball in question is ruled a home run. I've been beating this drum for a while now, but MLB MUST add instant replay for instances like this. As Tom G. at Balls, Sticks & Stuff points out -- that missed call could cost the Phillies the wildcard. (Obviously, there would be about a million other factors that may cost the Phils the wildcard, but this is one of the most glaring.)

Yesterday I asked if the Phils could pick themselves up after Monday's loss and go get it. I can't believe I'm asking the same thing today.

Comments on "Phils On Wrong Kind Of Roll"

 

Blogger Chris said ... (10:21 AM) : 

there's NO WAY we lose tonight with Hamels going against Astacio

HOW COULD WE??? I just can't see it. hamels is our ace

 

Blogger GM-Carson said ... (4:45 PM) : 

Phillies find ways to lose. We've all seen this many times before, sad, sad story!

 

Blogger GM-Carson said ... (9:07 AM) : 

sometimes I just hate myself for being a Phillies fan!

 

Blogger GM-Carson said ... (8:27 PM) : 

Hey bro, we're going to keep rollin' all offseason long over at WSBGM's, so keep stopping by.

 

post a comment