Saturday, May 06, 2006

(3) New Jersey Devils vs. (2) Carolina Hurricanes


I think it's safe to say that New Jersey will not have as easy a time of things against Carolina as they did against the Rangers. The Devils have been on a roll, winning 15 straight games, and are well rested -- having not played since April 29. The Hurricanes, meanwhile, won their first round series against Montreal in roundabout fashion -- losing the first two and then winning the next four.

Carolina star-in-the-making Eric Staal will look to continue his maturation against the Devils, while Hurricanes center Rod Brind'Amour will be charged with shutting down one of the Devils' big guns -- Patrick Elias, Brian Gionta, or Scott Gomez. This will be a daunting task to say the least.

My money's on New Jersey in this series. Experience does count in the playoffs, and the Devils have plenty of it. Also, I think the Hurricanes are a bit overrated and you'll see them fall back to earth a bit next season.

Prediction: New Jersey in 6.

Series home page.

Comments on "(3) New Jersey Devils vs. (2) Carolina Hurricanes"

 

Blogger Random Thoughts, Musings, and Dirty Diapers said ... (4:26 PM) : 

I attended game one, and was surprised, albeit pleasantly, at the outcome. Good to be up one game to none, but it will still be a tough series.

 

Blogger Matt said ... (10:52 AM) : 

Random --

Thanks for stopping by. I only saw about 10 seconds of the game, so I can't really comment on it. I would say, though, that a good portion of the outcome was due to the week off that the Devils had. As much as I can't stand them, they're my pick to win it all.

 

post a comment