Monday, March 29, 2004

Reader Mail (and non-mail)

It seems I really do have some readers out there. A couple of them -- otherwise known as Mom and Dad -- were quite upset about some of my writings. So upset, in fact, that they couldn’t even bring themselves to write to me to tell me that they were upset; they were “forced” to chastise me in person when I next saw them.

Still others actually respond via e-mail. This comes from my cousin Corinne, with my answers in bold:


As for your most recent entry:

Is anyone else worried --

that Bush will somehow win in November? I would have voted for Dean, now I’ll vote for anyone who is anti-war, pro-gay rights and doesn’t push religion. And I can vote. I registered a few months ago. I’ve heard this from more than one person, which sort of scares me. I mean, you can still vote for Dean, you know. Simply because he won’t be the Democratic nominee for president doesn’t mean you can’t vote for him.

that that Flyers will never win another Stanley Cup? The Stanley Cup, that’s the one for raquet ball, right? (Kidding, but you get my point.) The Flyers thank you for your support.

that the fascists -- otherwise known as Republicans and the religious right -- are taking over the country? Courtney Love is still alive and swinging, they [the Republicans] can only go so far. Um, okay.

that there is a serious vacuum of leadership present in our country? What else is new? That about sums it up, doesn’t it? After the horrific events of September 11, 2001, our country was united in its warmth for one another and its passion for the American way. Well, look what has happened in just two-and-a-half years. We are being led -- some would say dictated to -- by a man who equates the words inclusion and unity with the plague. His sole agenda is to divide this country. Who knew that was what a leader is supposed to do?

that Philadelphia will come out looking terrible in the new "Real World?" Well DUH. The Real World thing is a TERRIBLE idea. They’re in walking distance of South Street and Philadelphians have a history of making known our dislike for something. I don’t know how alcoholism is good for the city, but I’m hoping that Philly’ll be the only city to give the RW people trouble. I’ll do it myself…in a PlugInmusic.com tee shirt, naturally. A great man once said, “That's what scares me.”



Well, regardless of your reaction to what I post, I’m glad you’re out there reading. And please do drop a line every now and again to let me know what you think.

Comments on "Reader Mail (and non-mail)"

 

post a comment