Monday, November 20, 2006

Flyers Officially Sign Stevens

The Flyers announced today they have signed coach John Stevens to a new two-year contract:
The Philadelphia Flyers announced that the team has reached an agreement with Head Coach John Stevens on a new two-year contract, effective immediately and running through the 2007-08 season, according to club General Manager Paul Holmgren.

"Over the course of the last month with John Stevens moving in as the head coach, we have had time to settle some issues and we have officially come to an agreement with John on a two-year contract,” said Holmgren in making the announcement.

“We are very excited about this, as is John. This stabilizes the situation in terms of his leadership of the hockey team. We are looking forward from this point on as we march ahead."

“I’m excited,” said Stevens. “I know that we have work to do here, but I do see a lot of potential for this hockey team. I want to be the guy who brings success here. I’ve been in Philadelphia for a long time and I know what it means to win here. I’ve won championships at the minor league level and I’d love to have the chance to do it at the NHL level. We have a great coaching staff in place and it’s a pleasure working with Paul Holmgren. This is an ideal situation for me and it’s an opportunity that I welcome.”

Labels: ,

Comments on "Flyers Officially Sign Stevens"

 

post a comment