Wednesday, June 28, 2006

As my nieces would say, "Again!"

Some interesting news from Newsday via Off Wing Opinion and James Mirtle. The NHL is apparently interested in staging another Heritage Classic this season, with a New year's Day game between the New York Rangers and Islanders at Yankee Stadium the most likely matchup.

There It Is take: I love this idea. I think there should be one Heritage Classic every season between two rivals -- geographic or not. Give me any Canadian team, any Original Six team, throw in some other northern teams -- Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Minnesota, New Jersey, Columbus, Buffalo, among others -- and you have an instant event. Come on, who doesn't want to see more images of an NHL goalie playing an actual game while wearing his mask and a wool cap over top of that?

Comments on "As my nieces would say, "Again!""

 

post a comment