Tuesday, April 11, 2006

101. Best. Screenplays. Ever.

Check out The Last Reel for a quick hit on the Writer's Guild of America's best screenplay list.

Somehow, I've only seen 5 of the top ten (Casablanca, The Godfather, Citizen Kane, Some Like It Hot, and The Godfather II). Honestly, though, I have no burning desire to see the other five (Chinatown, All About Eve, Annie Hall, Sunset Boulevard, and Network).

I will say, though, that I can't recommend Casablanca enough. This is one of my favorite films of all time. Each time I watch it I find something new to laugh at. For any of you that have never seen it, please, do yourself a favor and rent it one Friday night. Bogie playing the man's man, Bergman looking absolutely gorgeous, and one of the best supporting casts ever -- you'll come back here and thank me. I promise.

Comments on "101. Best. Screenplays. Ever."

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:41 PM) : 

I'm sorry, but I still am not convinced that Citizen Kane is one of the best movies of all time.

 

Blogger Matt said ... (3:47 PM) : 

That's a bold statement.

 

post a comment